Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Smash Cake!!!!


Today Harry and I met a friend at a supercute bakery in Chicago - Smash Cake (related to Bleeding Heart Bakery). They offer a variety of organic and vegan tasty treats that are ridiculously good. The space is filled with a ton of neat things from toys for the kiddos to play with, safe kitchen gadgets on sale, couches for some chillaxin, little furniture for the tots and adorable handmade aprons.

I have to admit, their coffee is to die for and the vegan cupcake (which I was a bit nervous to try) is like no other - a chocolate cupcake with chocolate chips and chunky peanut butter frosting - YUM! Seriously, does it get any better than this? Their cupcakes rock!


The place is adorable with an area for the little ones to play and explore. They have an art table with a big roll of paper and enough crayons and markers to capture the attention of budding artists, and even a mini theater for the young thespians in the making.


After a disappointing experience at another "healthy" cafe due to the salty staff, it was refreshing to be greeted with such friendliness and accommodation at Smash Cake. The manager was even super cool with my curious one year old exploring the joint. I will definitely be heading back there to enjoy delicious treats with my mom friends, my single gals, and my hubby (they have family night on Friday night with live music!) I am in love....with their cupcakes. Thank you for bringing such delicious little treats to my world!

1 comment: