Monday, January 11, 2010

Do Bees Really Have Knees?

The other night, I was giving my kids a bath, and let's just say it didn't go so well.

Earlier that day, I was walking around Mertz Apothecary in Lincoln Square, and I felt giddy as a girl in a candy store while I checked out the surplus of organic and "natural" body care products for my kiddos. After much deliberation, Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash was the winner.  Its "natural" reputation and price point were the deciding factors in my bath time purchase.  

Later that night...


The kiddos WERE NOT happy if a drop of this got in their eyes.  tear-free, I don't think so.

After my ordeal of soothing my slippery screaming tots and their burning eyes, I took another look at the bottle's tear-free and  96.08% natural label.  I asked myself what is that 3.9% doing to my children and their  future vision?  I found "fragrance" listed in the ingredients.  Hmmmm....that leaves a lot open for interpretation, don't you think?

Our quest for a
tear-free/natural/organic/fragrance-free/BPA-free/paraben-free/
sodium lauryl-free/laureth sulfate-free bath continues!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment