Monday, January 11, 2010

So What Inspires You?


                                                                      Art work by Esther Aarts

People get inspired by different things.  I get inspired by Art (both creating and appreciating) and organization (a skill that I aspire to have).  My husband gets inspired by music, my sister - vintage fashion.




For some, sources of inspiration come from nature, photography, recycling, sex, exercise, children, traveling, reading, helping others and the list goes on.

Most times we feel inspired, but I think these days, more than ever, people are feeling less than inspired with the holidays behind us and chilly weather on the horizon for the next few months.  Why not dump these uninspired feelings and start finding or reconnecting with what makes us HAPPY?

What inspires you?  What gives you that "excited" feeling?  Is it your family? Your partner in life? Your job? It could be anything that makes your life feel purposeful and really pumped to be alive.

On the media side of things, it's an easy time to get the encouragement.  Magazines, TV and a plethora of books are front and center with tips to help you "lose weight", "detoxify your body", "get organized", "get connected with your family", etc.  Let's ride on this encouragement to find that something that inspires you and let's feed it with love, hard work and happiness.

Please share your stories!  Would love to hear what inspires you.


3 comments:

  1. Music and fashion. Listening to an amazing record while flipping through a fashion book gets my blood flowing! Having something great to wear gets me excited to attend events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is my main source of inspiration. It offers so much: dance, sign, play (guitar for me), create, conjure up a memory, and just simply put you in a state of bliss, if only for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Politics - I like to feel that there is change and that we are constantly working to be better. I can get real pumped watching the Rachel Maddow show or the McLaughlin group. Ideas and forward motion - what could be more inspiring!

    ReplyDelete